Download – CV
Thomas Austmann, lawyer, is a partner at Austmann & Partner.
Thomas Austmann has extensive experience in national and international M&A and capital market transactions, and in corporate and property succession. He primarily advises on stock corporation law, transformation law, takeover law and capital markets law.
Prior to working as a lawyer, Thomas Austmann was company secretary and general counsel at one of the leading listed financial services groups in Europe. In addition to his legal studies, he also trained as a banker, as well as completing an economics degree and an MBA.
For several years, Best Lawyers and the Handelsblatt have named him as one of the top business lawyers in Germany (most recently in Handelsblatt – Germany’s Best Lawyers 2013).
Thomas Austmann is a member of the Federal Expert Commission „Family Enterprises and Medium-Sized Businesses“ of the German Council of Economic Advisers (Wirtschaftsrat Deutschland).
- Since 2012 – Partner at Austmann & Partner, Düsseldorf
- 2007–2012 – Partner at Allen & Overy LLP, Düsseldorf
- 2001–2007 – Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Düsseldorf
- 1998–2001 – Associate at Bruckhaus Westrick Heller Löber, Düsseldorf
- 1994–1997 – General counsel at Aachener und Münchener Beteiligungs AG, Aachen
- 1993–1995 – Head of executive secretariat at Aachener und Münchener Beteiligungs AG, Aachen
- 1990 – Executive assistant at Volksfürsorge Holding AG, Hamburg
- Second state examination (Zweites Staatsexamen), Germany, 1993
- MBA in economics, University of Wales, UK, 1992
- First state examination (Erstes Staatsexamen), Germany, 1990
- Diploma in economics (Dipl.-oec.), FernUniversität Hagen in Hagen, Germany, 1986
- Law studies at the University of Münster and University of Hamburg, Germany
- BRSI e.V. (Bundesvereinigung Restrukturierung, Sanierung und Interim Management e.V.)
- Düsseldorf Law Society (Rechtsanwaltskammer Düsseldorf)
- German Jurists’ Association (Deutscher Juristentag e.V.), Bonn
- German Council of Economic Advisers (Wirtschaftsrat Deutschland), Berlin
- Diplomatic Council
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Setlog Holding AG, Bochum